2014 Journal Papers
- T. Liu and C.-J. Kim, “Turning a Surface Super-Repellent Even to Completely Wetting Liquids”, Science, Vol. 346, Issue 6213, November 2014, pp. 1096-1100. (doi: 10.1126/science.1254787)
Full Text: http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/346/6213/1096?ijkey=d6yWZBLk06YJc&keytype=ref&siteid=sci
- D. Attinger, C. Frankiewicz, A. R. Betz, T. M. Schutzius, R. Ganguly, A. Das, C.-J. Kim, and C. M. Megaridis, “Surface Engineering for Phase Change Heat Transfer: A Review”, MRS Energy and Sustainability, Vol. 1, November 2014, E4(40). (doi: 10.1557/mre.2014.9)
- M. Xu, G. Sun, and C.-J. Kim, "Infinite Lifetime of Underwater Superhydrophobic States", Physical Review Letters, vol. 113, Issue 13, September 2014, 136103(5). (doi: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.113.136103); Featured in Physics (http://physics.aps.org/synopsis-for/10.1103/PhysRevLett.113.136103)
- H.-H. Shen, S.-K. Fan, C.-J. Kim, and D.-J. Yao, “EWOD microfluidic systems for biomedical applications,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol. 16, Issue 5 (Special Issue: Microfluidics for Point-of-Care Diagnostics), May 2014, pp. 965-987. (doi: 10.1007/s10404-014-1386-y)
- H. Park, G. Sun, and C.-J. Kim, “Superhydrophobic turbulent drag reduction as a function of surface grating parameters,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 747, May 2014, pp. 722-734. (doi: 10.1017/jfm.2014.151)
- N. Cirigliano, G. Sun, D. Membreno, P. Malati, C.-J. Kim, and B. Dunn, “3D Architectured Anodes for Lithium-Ion Microbatteries with Large Areal Capacity,” Energy Technology, Vol.2, Issue 4, April 2014, pp. 362–369. (doi: 10.1002/ente.201402018)
- C. Peng, Z. Zhang, C.-J. Kim, and Y. S. Ju, “EWOD (Electrowetting on Dielectric) Digital Microfluidics Powered by Finger Actuation,” Lab on a Chip. , Vol. 14, Issue 6, March 2014, pp. 1117-1122. (doi: 10.1039/c3lc51223a)
- S. Chen, M. R. Javed, H.-K. Kim, J. Lei, M. Lazari, G. J. Shah, R. M. van Dam, and P. Y. Keng, and C.-J. Kim, “Radiolabelling Diverse Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Tracers Using a Single Digital Microfluidic Reactor Chip,” Lab on a Chip, Vol. 14, Issue 5, March 2014, pp. 902-910. (doi: 10.1039/c3lc51195b)
- G. Sun, T. Liu, P. Sen, W. Shen, C. Gudeman and C.-J. Kim, “Electrostatic Side-Drive Rotary Stage on Liquid-Ring Bearing,” Journal of Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol. 23, No. 1, Feb. 2014, pp. 147-156. (doi: 10.1109/JMEMS.2013.2262592)
- M. R. Javed, S. Chen, H.-K. Kim, L. Wei, J. Czernin, R. M. van Dam, C.-J. Kim, and P. Y. Keng, “Efficient Radiosynthesis of 3’-deoxy-3’-[18F]fluorothymidine Using Electrowetting-on-Dielectric Digital Microfluidic Chip,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 55, No. 2, February 2014, pp. 321-328. (doi: 10.2967/jnumed.113.121053); Highlighted in D. E. Reichert, “A Digital Revolution in Radiosynthesis,” Invited Perspective of Journal of Nuclear Medicine, Vol. 55, No. 2, February 2014, pp. 181-182. (doi: 10.2967/jnumed.113.132498)
- M. R. Javed, S. Chen, J. Lei, J. Collins, M. Sergeev, H.-K. Kim, C.-J. Kim, R. M. van Dam, and P. Y. Keng, “High Yield and High Specific Activity Synthesis of [18F]Fallypride in a Batch Microfluidic Reactor for Micro-PET Imaging,” Chemical Communications, Vol. 50, Issue 10, February 2014, pp. 1192-1194. (doi: 10.1039/c3cc47616b)
- G. R. Warrier, C.-J. Kim, and Y. S. Ju, “Microchannel cooling device with perforated side walls: Design and Modeling,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 68, January 2014, pp. 174-183. (doi: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2013.09.022)
2014 Conference Papers
- M. Xu and C.-J. Kim, "Longevity of underwater superhydrophobic surfaces for drag reduction", Bulletin of the American Physical Society, Vol. 59, No. 20, Abstract ID: BAPS.2014.DFD.H8.1; 67th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, San Francisco, CA, November 2014. (http://meetings.aps.org/link/BAPS.2014.DFD.H8.1)
- R. Freeman and C.-J. Kim, "Self-limiting electrochemical recovery of dewetted state underwater: visualization and performance", Bulletin of the American Physical Society, Vol. 59, No. 20, Abstract ID: BAPS.2014.DFD.H8.3; 67th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, San Francisco, CA, November 2014. (http://meetings.aps.org/link/BAPS.2014.DFD.H8.3)
- X. Ma, S. Chen, C.-J. Kim, and M. van Dam, “High-Sensitivity Electrical Conductivity Measurement of Droplets in Digital Microfluidics,” Proc. Int. Conf. Miniaturized Systems for Chemistry and Life Sciences (mTAS), San Antonio, TX, October 2014, pp..
- S. Chen and C.-J. Kim, “Mirrored Anodized Dielectric for Reliable Electrowetting,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. MEMS, San Francisco, CA, Jan. 2014, pp. 1011-1014.
- M. Xu, G. Sun, and C.-J. Kim, “Wetting Dynamics Study of Underwater Superhydrophobic Surfaces Through Direct Meniscus Visualization,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. MEMS, San Francisco, CA, Jan. 2014, pp. 668-671.
- X. Ma, S. Chen, C.-J. Kim, and R. M. van Dam, “Towards On-Chip Chemical Reaction Monitoring by EWOD Impedance Measurement,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. MEMS, San Francisco, CA, Jan. 2014, pp. 338-341.
- S. Chen, A. A. Dooraghi, M. Lazari, R. M. van Dam, A. F. Chatziioannou, and C.-J. Kim, “On-Chip Product Purification for Complete Microfluidic Radiotracer Synthesis,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. MEMS, San Francisco, CA, Jan. 2014, pp. 284-287.